Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    He says he is not a shop but he has put 390 things in the for sale sections and 52 things for sale just this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    This ^ and others who are blatantly buying off here to resell elsewhere seems uncomfortably at odds with a forum for the members rather than individuals using it for their own profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    The seller been on here since 2006, it's taken this to bring up he's a big seller like a few more.Atb mick

Unfortunately some traders go undetected until a deal goes bad which then draws our attention to their activities, as you folks are also noting.

We are constantly removing the sales access of folks who's only interest is in lining their own pockets from the sales section.
    If anyone would like to point out anyone who you suspect to be a dealer, please feel free to PM a member of admin so that we can look into the matter --- the more eyes on the job the better.

All the best Mick

Hi mick,I don't think anyone will grass on other's I might be wrong. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Hi mick,I don't think anyone will grass on other's I might be wrong. Atb mick
    You are indeed wrong, Mick,
    Some folks do express their concerns in confidence, and their help is appreciated by Admin.

At the end of the day, it really is a bit pointless for members to moan about there being dealers on here in a thread such as this if they're not prepared to contact Admin and name names.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Unfortunately some traders go undetected until a deal goes bad which then draws our attention to their activities, as you folks are also noting.

We are constantly removing the sales access of folks who's only interest is in lining their own pockets from the sales section.
    If anyone would like to point out anyone who you suspect to be a dealer, please feel free to PM a member of admin so that we can look into the matter --- the more eyes on the job the better.

All the best Mick
    And, since the VCRA, anyone who sells airguns “by way of trade or business” (IIRC) must be an RFD.

There must be both a legal and a presentational issue here for the forum in providing a platform for such activity. And there are HMRC/tax issues too.

Of course there’s a big grey area. Many collectors own as many if not more airguns than the average gun shop, amassed over the years. If we needed or chose to sell up, we’d run the risk of being seen as illicit dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    And, since the VCRA, anyone who sells airguns “by way of trade or business” (IIRC) must be an RFD.

There must be both a legal and a presentational issue here for the forum in providing a platform for such activity. And there are HMRC/tax issues too.

Of course there’s a big grey area. Many collectors own as many if not more airguns than the average gun shop, amassed over the years. If we needed or chose to sell up, we’d run the risk of being seen as illicit dealers.
    I take "By way of trade or business" to mean a regular weekly seller, we have removed quite a lot of them over the years --- we've also removed a few gun shop and second hand shop owners.

Quite a few collectors contact Admin to give us the heads up before selling their collections on here, as long as their advert points out that it's a one off collection disposal I see no problem.

All the best Mick

UPDATE:

I contacted Brocock Ltd on the weekend, they were extremely fast in replying to my email asking for assistance on my Ranger XR, they have arranged for it to be picked up today!

I will update this thread once it lands back here

Thanks all

Great news.atb mick ps Great service from them .

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I've never dealt with Brocock, but that sounds like a positive start. It would make me very happy to hear of a UK company delivering old-fashioned quality service. Fingers crossed.

Excellent news, although not surprised. Three cheers for Tony B and crew.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    UPDATE:

I contacted Brocock Ltd on the weekend, they were extremely fast in replying to my email asking for assistance on my Ranger XR, they have arranged for it to be picked up today!

Thanks all
    That is very good news hope it all turns out ok.

Be really interesting to hear how Brocock handle this -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

great news bud pleased for you and your son

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    UPDATE:

Thanks all
    Can I be the first to say "I Told You So".....

1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Can I be the first to say "I Told You So".....

You sure can 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I take "By way of trade or business" to mean a regular weekly seller, we have removed quite a lot of them over the years --- we've also removed a few gun shop and second hand shop owners.

Quite a few collectors contact Admin to give us the heads up before selling their collections on here, as long as their advert points out that it's a one off collection disposal I see no problem.

All the best Mick
    There’s no precise definition - that would be for case law.

An example would be the Infamous Idiot “RQMS” formerly on Freeads who was always selling off his “collection”. A “collection” that closely correlated with successful low bids in the preceding Holts sealed bid sale.

Its an unfortunate bit of law in that it creates a grey area for collectors downsizing or “flipping” items to fund their collection - or to pay for a new roof or car repairs or whatever they need money for. You are legitimately selling private property; he is an illegal black market gun dealer….

But it’s the law. I guess it was intended to catch people who buy a lot of guns and then sell them to crims. If that ever happened with airguns. Or to stop market stall sales of B2s etc to ASBO kids. Which isn’t completely unreasonable.