Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
Thanks for your input Trajectory: helpful as usual - do you think it’s helpful to ‘bench rest’ test different pellets?
IÂ’m going to get another (weaker spring) for my trigger and see if that brings down the pull weight. IÂ’m sure if I get the trigger weight down, my scores will improve.

Thanks.

Ok, bench resting; the compact has a recoiless mechanism so bench resting should be fine BUT a couple of things. It's a new technique so it might need a little getting used to. If you sit square on to the target with a two handed grip it's very different to classic offhand technique, it's not hard, just different. Changes usually need a bit of practice. The Compact has a shortish sight base, so double handed the rear sight might be appreciably closer to your eye. This will have the effect of making the rear sight notch wider & thus harder to consistently centralise the front sight. Different lighting conditions may help or exacerbate this.
Possibly not much you can do about this other than keep the lighting consistent. You could stick a narrower rear sight notch to the rear or a wider one on the front but for all the messing about it's probably not worth it. If they are fixed on well they might mark the pistol, if they aren't fixed well they will move.........neither is any good.

Good light & concentration should be a help, & a bit of practice.

The trigger. In an ideal world maybe it would be 505g, break like a glass rod & be 100% consistent. However in any world it must be totally safe. In all instances safety is the prime requisite. Swapping out standard parts might offer a way forward but the proviso of safety remains. Maybe there is something not quite right with one or more of the parts in your one, maybe it's a manifestation of manufacturing tolerances, I don't know.